Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's Almost Time!

Dear Students and Families of the 2009-2010 School Year,

School starts August 31st! Yay! I am thrilled to get back to school and enjoy some great learning with my students. All summer I have been thinking about themes and projects for this school year. I am so excited to begin a journey studying plants and animals of the Columbia River Gorge--can't wait to see what my students help me discover! Much more about that later!

This summer has been filled with so much excitement for me. My husband and I welcomed our first child on June 8th. We have been in a dream land ever since the day of his birth! I am looking forward to sharing more about that with my students and hearing all about my students' summer adventures when we return to school....in just a matter of days!

There are many items placed on the school supply list. These are shared supplies, so do the best you can to get them, but don't fret if you are unable to find something. A couple items not listed that would be helpful for students to bring to school are an extra pair of socks and shoes and a towel. We'll be venturing outside at least once a week in all weather conditions. When we've done this in the past, students sometimes ended up with soggy shoes for the remainder of the day. Not fun! If you bring extras we'll find a safe place to store them at school.

Please check this blog regularly for classroom updates and pictures of the things we'll experience this year. Also, shoot me an email as soon as possible. I like to collect email addresses early on so that we can be in email contact as quickly as possible. Email is the very best way to reach me on a daily basis.

See you soon!

Love,
Mrs. Chiu