Dear Families,
What a great start to the school year! We kicked off the school year reading and writing poetry, reading some memoirs and starting a memoir, doing a little goldfish math, learning about the Salmon life cycle, meeting our "buddies," enjoying a Native American myth told by an incredible story teller and learning about this school year's theme: SALMON! Soon we'll be raising salmon eggs in our classroom!
We, of course, spent some time ironing out routines. Check out the classroom "Nitty Gritty" in the post below and our classroom schedule on the side panel of this blog. Thank you for taking the time to complete and return all the forms in the manila envelope sent home last week. This is such an enormous help!
As you know, I am on maternity leave and will be returning as classroom teacher in October. Fortunately, the talented Ms. Tucker (who was a student teacher in our building last year) is available to act as head teacher while I am gone.
I am very thankful to have spent the entire first week with my students. And am pleased to be working with such a phenomenal group of students. This is going to be a super school year! I know that many of you are interested in volunteering. I will be finalizing my needs and will be in touch with you about how you can help in our classroom when I return in October.
I will be checking my email about once every day or two. Ms. Tucker will also be checking my email daily and updating the blog about once a week. Email continues to be the best way to reach one of us. Stay posted on classroom happenings by checking our blog regularly!
Best,
