Monday, September 6, 2010

Reminder

Wow! What a great first week! I have been blessed, once again, with a wonderful group of students.

The first week was full! We started writing, reading, doing math and learning about geology...from day one! We learned the routines for the classroom, outside of the classroom, for PE, recess and lunch! We met Mrs. Swanson and Mr. Kilgore and had the difficulty of choosing between Funky Monkeys or Band. We met our math teacher and our classmates! Yes, it was full... and full of new school year fun! And, thankfully, I was was able to be there for every moment of the first week of school. I could not have missed out on meeting my bronzed, smiling students on the first day of school and spending the week getting to know each and every one of them. Now, however, it is time for me to temporarily pass the torch so that I can stay home with my precious baby boys and complete my maternity leave. It's hard to say goodbye so soon, but I will be back before you know it and trust you will be in good hands with our substitute, Mr. Stanton and our lovely, principal, Mrs. Hanes.

Take care and I will see you soon--I am already scheming what we'll do when I return!

Please contact Mr. Stanton or Mrs. Hanes with questions, comments or concerns.

Mr. Stanton (Mrs. Chiu's substitute)
dstanton@corbett.k12.or.us
503-695-3643

Mrs. Hanes (Grade School Principal)
dhanes@corbett.k12.or.us
503-695-3645